NT Ambassador Program
About Softball NT
SNT is the Peak Sporting Body for softball in the Territory. SNT is in a unique position compared to other states or even other Territory based sports. With only 300 of our 4,000+ participants located in our urban cities, softball is one of the most geographically dispersed sports, and is played from one end of the Territory to the other. Softball has been recognised by the NT Government as the sport of choice for Indigenous women in remote communities. SNT’s current goal is to ensure all regions have access to structured softball pathways as an opportunity to participate as well as dream. With this in mind, the Softball NT Remote Ambassador Program was developed.
The program will see successful candidates travel to remote locations, all expenses paid, accompanied by an Endorsed Ambassador / SNT staff member. You will deliver softball in different capacities depending on the communities’ requirements. This could be coaching children in school or in after school programs, coaching women, or running accreditation courses and tournaments. The Softball NT Ambassador Program is a mentorship program, where individuals can gain experience in our unique landscape. Our shared goal is that individuals will progress into Endorsed Ambassadors and help develop the next generation.
Successful candidates will
1. Have a passion for softball and a passion for seeing the sport grow on all levels.
2. Although not necessary, an understanding of remote and Indigenous communities will be beneficial.
3. Will have good physical fitness. These programs are extremely physically demanding, including delivering in the extreme heat of the NT.
4. Must have a current drivers licence and be comfortable with driving on unsealed roads for long periods of time.
5. Must have a current Working with Children Check.
6. Have an infectiously positive attitude.
7. Provide a written reference from someone involved with softball.
1. Complete Application Form
2. Softball NT will run a check with your State Softball Organisation
3. If approved, Softball NT will conduct a phone interview with you
4. If successful, you will be added to our pool of Ambassadors and contacted as programs arise.
5. Softball NT maintains a first in, best dressed policy when assigning suitable programs.
Please note: due to the nature of these programs and the sensitive cultural differences between each community, SNT reserves the right to select candidates on best fit.
Attach Application Form